Friday 10 January 2014

A new challenge for 2014

2013 was a pretty good year for mountain biking, the weather (until recently) was pretty decent and i’ve managed to explore a little more in The Lakes where I spend most of my rides. In between this I have squeezed in two trips abroad and taken part in two races (one good, one not so good). But what about the challenge I set myself at the start of the year.

At the start of 2013 I challenged myself to get in 100 rides. I successfully completed this back in October and what I actually managed was a total of 131 rides, and a total of 1631.87 miles all done on my mountain bike. The longest ride I did (some walking was included) was 31 miles.

This year I will try and ride a total of 2014 miles (2014 miles in 2014, geddit?). Based upon my ride total of last year this would mean i'll need to ride an average of 15.4 miles per ride. Achievable I think but not as easy as just riding 100 times in a year. I've already made a decent start but it's still early days.

My steed for the year, if I don't change it again

No comments:

Post a Comment